2018 Orientation Leaders
Orientation Leaders are an integral part of the New Student Orientation & Enrollment programs, serving as facilitators, hosts, and resources for first-year and transfer students and their family members. Orientation Leaders make an important contribution to the incoming class while developing self-confidence, communication skills, and leadership abilities. All Orientation Leaders participate in program components including evening programs, material preparation, daily programmatic pieces, and pre/post-orientation communications with students and families. Orientation Leaders serve in one of three roles (specific roles to be decided after hiring): Student Orientation Leaders, Family Orientation Leaders, and Office Coordinators.
We are currently in our selection process and will announce our 2018 Orientation Leaders in mid-February.
• All applications will be reviewed after the deadline and candidates will be informed via email whether or not they have will be moving on to the group interview process.
• The group interview process is two-fold. The first event is the evening of Friday, January 26, 2018 (casual dress).
• The second event is the morning of Saturday, January 27, 2018 (business casual dress).Those moving past the group interview process will be informed and asked to select an individual interview time for the week of January 29, 2018.
• Notifications of selection will be given the week of February 11, 2018.
• HESA 3091 – Student Development Theory for Orientation Leaders – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. in 302 Engineering South – Beginning February 27, 2018
• NODA Region IV Conference (Optional) – Overland Park, KS – March 23-25, 2018
• Work Week – May 20-26, 2018
• Freshmen/Transfer Programming – May 29 – July 20, 2018
• International Orientation – August 15, 2018 (Exceptions made)
• Welcome Week – August 16-19, 2018 (Exceptions made)