2018 Orientation Leaders
Our office seeks enthusiastic, driven, professional and knowledgeable undergraduate students who represent the very best Oklahoma State has to offer. The orientation team supports OSU’s academic mission, works well together, and provides excellent customer service for our students and families.
Orientation Leaders are an integral part of the New Student Orientation & Enrollment programs, serving as facilitators, hosts, and resources for first-year and transfer students and their family members. Orientation Leaders make an important contribution to the incoming class while developing self-confidence, communication skills, and leadership abilities. All Orientation Leaders participate in program components including evening programs, material preparation, daily programmatic pieces, and pre/post-orientation communications with students and families. Orientation Leaders serve in one of three roles (specific roles to be decided after hiring): Student Orientation Leaders, Family Orientation Leaders, and Office Coordinators.
Orientation Leader Qualifications
Successful applicants show leadership and commitment through the depth of application materials, presentation during a three-step interview process, and two letters of recommendation (at least one letter from an OSU faculty/staff member). The Orientation Leader position is paid employment at $8.50/hour at 40 hours/week. If needed, overtime will be limited to 5 hours/week.
Orientation Leaders must be enrolled in undergraduate courses at Oklahoma State University, have completed 12 hours of OSU coursework by the end of fall 2017, 24 hours by the end of spring 2018, and be in academic and disciplinary good standing with a 2.7 minimum GPA.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• Effective communication skills, energy, enthusiasm, dedication and flexibility
• Ability to effectively problem solve, manage conflict, and troubleshoot issues
• Positive people skills, willingness to learn, desire to work collaboratively and support peers
• On-campus leadership experiences, pride in OSU, knowledge of campus resources, and understanding of NSO&E policies and procedures
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs
• All applications will be reviewed after the deadline and candidates will be informed via email whether or not they have will be moving on to the group interview process.
• The group interview process is two-fold. The first event is the evening of Friday, January 26, 2018 (casual dress).
• The second event is the morning of Saturday, January 27, 2018 (business casual dress).Those moving past the group interview process will be informed and asked to select an individual interview time for the week of January 29, 2018.
• Notifications of selection will be given the week of February 11, 2018.
• HESA 3091 – Student Development Theory for Orientation Leaders – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. in 302 Engineering South – Beginning February 27, 2018
• NODA Region IV Conference (Optional) – Overland Park, KS – March 23-25, 2018
• Work Week – May 20-26, 2018
• Freshmen/Transfer Programming – May 29 – July 20, 2018
• International Orientation – August 15, 2018 (Exceptions made)
• Welcome Week – August 16-19, 2018 (Exceptions made)