Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University

Transfer Checklist

Fall 2019 Transfer Students

While you are waiting for your Orientation Program....

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other scholarships & financial aid paperwork. Watch this quick video on tips for completing the FASFA
  • Check your OSU email as this will be your main contact from the University. Visit and log in using your O-key log-in and password. 
  • Complete health history and immunization record online forms on the University Health Services portal. (These must be turned in by the second week of classes).
  • Submit final transcripts from colleges/universities you have attended to the Office of Admissions, 219 Student Union, Stillwater, OK 74078
  • View the transfer credit guides for information on transferring credits to OSU from other universities.
  • The university catalog contains course descriptions to provide detailed information about courses by department.
  • Complete your Residential Life housing if you are staying on campus (you can officially complete your housing application after December 1, 2018). If you staying off campus and need a place to stay, visit the Off Campus Housing Guide.
  • Explore academic majors and career goals. If you want to change your academic college prior to your orientation program, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at For more information about your academic college, please visit:
    • College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources (CASNR)
    • College of Arts & Sciences (A&S)
    • College of Education, Health & Aviation (EHA)
    • College of Engineering, Architecture & Technology (CEAT)
    • College of Human Sciences (HS)
    • Spears School of Business (SSB)
    • University College (UCA)

 Things to do after February 1, 2019

Things to do after April 1, 2019

  • Take the MATH PLACEMENT EXAM. OSU requires that all students complete the math placement exam before NSO if they plan on taking a math course at OSU. This is especially important for students planning to pursue degrees within the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology and other majors where schedules are often built around math placement. If you have taken College Algebra and received a “C” or better in a college setting, you "may" not be required to take the placement exam.

You may wish to assemble a personal file of relevant paperwork to simplify your visits to campus. Typical files might include:

  •     Scholarship award letters and other financial aid paperwork or questions
  •     Housing information or questions
  •     List of questions for your adviser
  •     List of questions for other campus offices