2020 Connection Crew
The Office of First Year Success (FYS) seeks enthusiastic, driven, professional and knowledgeable undergraduate students who represent the very best Oklahoma State has to offer. As an Orientation Leader and First Year Leader, you will provide leadership to students, interact with families, and serve as mentors to students.
There are two positions available: Orientation Leaders (OLs) and First Year Leaders (FYLs). Together, they will serve as members of the Connection Crew. The application for the Connection Crew can be found HERE.
Orientation Leader (OL)
All Orientation Leaders participate in orientation program components including evening programs, material preparation, daily programmatic pieces, and pre/post-orientation communications with students and families. Orientation Leaders serve in one of two roles (specific roles to be decided after hiring):
• Student Orientation Leaders (OL) welcome students while serving as mentors and engaging participants in a positive orientation experience. OLs assist academic advising areas with enrollment, lead group discussions pertaining to university policies, present transitional information to the students through small group presentations, and facilitate activities to connect students to the university.
• Family Orientation Leaders (Family OL) welcome families to ease fears and engage families in a positive orientation experience. Family OLs provide information on college transitions and student/family issues through one on one conversations, large group presentations, personal stories, and guest speaker facilitation.
First Year Leader (FYL)
Serving the incoming freshmen class and the outgoing freshmen class (returning Sophomores), First Year Leaders strive to engage, inform, and educate students about the financial, academic, and campus connection resources available through FYS.
First Year Leader duties include, but are not limited to:
• Developing relationships with first-year students
• Assisting professional staff during New Student Orientation as representatives for FYS
• Communicating with first-year students through email, phone, text, visiting residential halls, etc.
• Assisting with office and administrative tasks
• Engaging with programming events or responsibilities both during and outside of regular office hours